Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Devil Dogs







































I kinda started at the top in this here rock'n'roll show poster racket 'cuz two of my earliest efforts in the genre were for shows by the mighty Devil Dogs! Hard to believe these guys played in my crummy hometown no less than 3 separate times back in the early '90s, including a memorable 3 night stand at the Alternative Cabaret right in my very own neighborhood. At the top is the poster for their first show at the Albert back in 1992 and the other poster is for their January '93 shows at the AC. I don't consider these to be classics of the rock poster art form or anything but I'm posting them because I'm damn proud to have had the chance to do some work for one of the greatest rock'n'roll bands of all time. Not sure which yet but one of these has just been printed in We Never Learn: The Gunk Punk Undergut, 1988-2001, the new book by New Bomb Turks chanteur Eric Davidson chronicling the garage punk onslaught of the 1990s. Yeah, all that goofy fun we had 20 years ago is now deemed to be of sufficient cultural worth to deserve to have whole big books written about it. This is what I get for not dying young when I had the chance. Oh well. Stay tuned for MORE IT'S NOT THAT I DON'T LIKE PEOPLE, I FEEL BETTER WHEN THEY'RE NOT AROUND ACTION!

No comments:

Post a Comment