Sunday, May 30, 2010

Ugly On A Stick




















This was drawn back in the mid-'90s for an unpublished "Ugly Art" zine I was gonna put out called Unbelievably Ugly!. It ended up being printed in a cool zine called Terminal Brainrot outta Ohio and was later reprinted in Dale Ashmun's crazy Kult Of Kuteness zine. I'm pretty sure Ashmun was the guy who informed me that schlock movie maven Joe Bob Briggs often used the term "Ugly On A Stick" to describe his mother-in-law but I wasn't aware of that when I came up with the idea for this drawing. There are a few more leftover pieces of Unbelievably Ugly! art hanging around in the back of my refrigerator next to the mouldy meatloaf, so look for more of this stuff in future entries on this blog. Stay tuned for MORE ACTION!

No comments:

Post a Comment