Saturday, December 19, 2009

Fun In The Cemetary




















A few years back I was doing some inking for a Twilight-Zoneish comic book called Mortal Coils. At the time I was too busy to get into doing any penciling for the title but writer/publisher A. David Lewis graciously asked me to contribute a spot illustration in the letters column of MC #2 so readers could sample a wider range of my talents. I came up with the above thinking that it would suit the rather cryptic atmosphere that Dave was building up in Mortal Coils. I think Dave was a little baffled when he saw it and to tell you the truth, I don't really understand it myself. Whatever is going on in this picture, it sure as heck seems creepy to me. Anyway, Dave asked if I could add something to reflect the fact that this would be appearing in the letters column of the comic, so I went back and put postman's hats on the 3 naked old dead men. This added to the surrealism of the scene (which is always nice), but detracted from the overall creepiness factor, so I am providing you with the previously unseen original version here. More stark ravin' horror coming in tomorrow's post, so... Stay tuned for MORE ACTION!

No comments:

Post a Comment